Trip Wisdom for dental teams
Costa Rica Mission Partners would like to welcome you as a valued and appreciated partner in our dental program in San Jose. In preparation of your journey south, please use this document as an orientation for your team. Our goal is to help provide a smooth transition to your new surroundings in San Jose, CR. Please read, print and take this document with you. I hope you find it of value as you serve at the Abraham Project!
Airport – SJO (San Jose, CR)
- Welcome to Costa Rica! You made it!
- Once you land proceed to immigration.
- After immigration go to baggage claim to retrieve your luggage.
- Look for a sign with our logo (above). In baggage claim you will be met by a porter. He will take you to your driver.
- The driver will take you to the Hyatt Place Hotel.
- Hotel is approximately 25-30 minutes from airport.
Hotel – Hyatt Place in San Jose
- Hyatt Place in Pinares, CR is located in a beautiful, high end hotel complex. Located on site are 10-12 restaurants ranging in prices from low to high. Visit restaurants from France, Japan, Italy, Argentina and USA…all within walking distance in a safe, gated environment!
- The water and food are safe at the hotel and the local restaurants. Enjoy a salad and fresh fruit with no worries.
- Your team’s reservation has been made and is in your name.
- Breakfast and FABULOUS Costa Rican coffee is available starting at 6:00am.
- Each morning enjoy a hot breakfast buffet.
- A driver has been hired to drive your team each morning to the dental clinic (2 km from hotel- 5 mins). He will meet your team outside the hotel at 8:15am. Before the driver leaves, make arrangements to pick your team up at the dental clinic between 5-5:15pm.
- Free wi-fi is available at hotel. Ask for code when you arrive.